Mentor Motoring Driver Training 2019
Finalist 2 years running for the Golden 'L' Award for Best Instructor
Grade A DVSA approved driving instructor
Definition of a Mentor:
"A wise and trusted teacher or adviser"
Fully independent and dedicated driver trainers offering a bright, refreshing and dynamic approach to all aspects of training learner drivers through to full licence holders.
Fleet and Taxi Assessments, risk management and training for company car and van drivers
Instructor training and standards check mentoring for ADI's
- Surrounding villages
- Latest methods including HD filming of lessons for feedback and tuition on an on-going basis.
- Visual aided learning using the latest techniques
Learner tuition including special needs tuition
Post accident and nervous driver assistance
Corporate and fleet training/assessments
Instructor training Parts 1,2 and 3
Standards Check training for instructors
Road Safety advice and school assemblies/enrichment days
Continual Personal Development (CPD) News
As part of my committment to high standards, integrity and road safety as a whole I regularly attend courses and seminars on best practices, techniques and new skills. Detailed below is what I have attended this year so far with up and coming events.
Special needs training at the Queen Elizabeth Foundation covering numerous topics:
- Hard of Hearing teaching (including basic sign language)
- Teaching tips for those on the autistic sprectrum
- SpLD (Specific Learning Difficulties) such as Dysgraphia, Dyspraxia, Dyscalcula and Dyslexia
- ADD Attention Deficit Disorder
- Blooms Taxonomy
Bespoke ADI first aid course
- Dealing with pupils who fall ill
- First at scene first aid
- Emergency first aid
- Shock victims
- Life preservation techniques including CPR
CPD day arranged by the Driving Instructors Association
- Social media
- Introduction to the GDE Matrix (Goals for Driver Education)- coaching techniques focussing on client centered learning rather than instructor focussed
The Driving Instructors Association Professional Development Day- a full day of training including the following workshops:
- Risk management on lessons
- Focus workshop on lesson planning
- Teaching and learning strategies
- Roleplay on the highway
Attended the acclaimed Fresh Start Conference with numerous speakers and workshops including coaching techniques, coaching and mentoring SEN pupils, mind mapping, as well as networking with 250 other ADI's and industry leaders.
Passed my final Fleet training examination which will allow me to assist companies with their fleet drivers to ensure consistent standards of safe driving and road safety.
Attended a course for Drivers With Diverse Needs covering physical and neurological challenges that drivers can face and how cars and teaching styles can be adapted in order to assist driving independance and learner drivers that face these challenges.
Specialised one day training course on neurodiversity covering more in depth topics on special needs training, including the autism spectrum, dyspraxia, dyslexia and other specific learning requirements.
Personal development course for CCL (Client Centered Learning) covering the latest in teaching and coaching practice, advanced techniques in Q&A designed to get the best from students of all ages and ability.